DIY Cold Room Kits
Calroy Refrigeration pride ourselves on having developed the best DIY cold room kits available on the market. Our experienced team of refrigeration specialists have developed a way to provide you with everything you need to build your own cold room in one easy kit. All you need to do is put it together at your site of choice (of course we offer installation services, maintenance and repairs too!). Our innovative DIY cold room products bring our customers a whole new level of freedom and choice with their refrigeration needs.
Cold and freezer room kits
Our DIY cold room kit rooms are designed as a solution for customers that want to build their own cold room, however; some building experience is required to safely build our DIY cold room kits. Our DIY cold room kits come as a flatpack with the corners and edges cut, all ready to assemble.
Sizing and specifications
Our standard height DIY cold room kits are 2100mm or 2400mm. However, custom sizing is available upon request.
Calroy’s top quality DIY cold room kit is available in the following sizes on request:
- 1200mm x 1200mm;
- 1800mm x 1800mm;
- 2400mm x 2400mm;
- 3000mm x 3000mm;
- 3600mm x 3600mm.
Side panels are 75mm or 100mm thickness for cold rooms and 150mm thickness for freezer rooms.
Flooring comes standard with 9mm ply with an epoxy overlay. However, checker plate is available upon request.
Our standard cold room door is a 75mm PIR face mount swing door, and is sized at 800mm x 2000mm in a standard 2400mm high room. Larger, or sliding door options are also available upon request.
Some of the features of our DIY cold room kits are:
- numbered plans;
- numbered panels;
- door opening and refrigeration holes scored in the steel prior to shipping to uphold panel integrity (must be finished onsite);
- suitable for external or internal use;
- custom sizing available;
- suitable for mobile applications (like trailers); and
- suitable for restaurant use.
The DIY cold room kit contents include:
- panels cut to size;
- 50 x 70 angle for base joins;
- 40 x 40 angle for upright and roof joins;
- 35mm aluminium coving for internal joins;
- internal corner connectors;
- door assembly with door opening channel and flashing; and
- magnetic catch and emergency bell.
Check out our range of available accessory options that can add value and practicality to your cold room.
Customers should note that:
- our freezer kits come with heated door frame and relief valve which need to be wired in after room construction; and
- extrusions come in 6.5m lengths of angle and coving.